What is an in lab sleep study?
An in lab sleep study, also known as a polysomnogram, must be prescribed by a physician. This non-invasive testing requires an overnight stay in a sleep lab. Your heart rate, brain waves, breathing, eye movements, leg movements, muscle tension and blood oxygen level will be recorded and measured. Your data will be interpreted and provided to your physician. Your physician will advise you of any sleep disorder diagnosed by your study.
ABOUT YOUR SLEEP STUDY TESTING
What to do the days leading up to and the day of your appointment
- Sleep your usual amount and pattern for the 2 nights prior to your study
- Do Not stop taking any prescribed medications unless advised by your physician
- No napping the day of the test
- Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner – *no caffeine after Noon the day of test (caffeinated products include coffee, tea, soda or chocolates)
- Do Not consume alcohol the day of your test
Arriving for your test
- Arrive promptly at your scheduled time
- Park directly in front of our facility
- Ring the doorbell and your technician will secure your entrance
- There are visual and audio monitors located outside our facilities for your safety and communication upon your arrival
Late arrivals, missed appointments and cancellations
- Call 1-866-867-1333 if you are delayed
- Delays of 30 minutes or more, without notice, will be considered a missed appointment and will be rescheduled
- Please provide 24 hours notice of the need for cancellations
- Missed appointments and same day cancellations will result in a $100.00
- PSG, CPAP or Bi-Level studies are overnight tests requiring a minimum of 6 hours of sleep. Departure time will be between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM
- MSLT studies require monitoring throughout the night and the next day.
Departure time will be between 5:00 PM and 5:45 PM
- Arrangements can be made to accommodate patients on shift work
Please call 1-866-867-1333 with your questions